News & Events
Read the latest news from and about the Montana Community Foundation, as well as other news about Montana nonprofits and the philanthropic world.
- June 29, 2018 - Grants benefiting town of Darby awarded
The Montana Community Foundation Inc. announced the award of $7,400 in grants to Darby Thursday to help pay for everything from safety equipment to new trails.
- June 24, 2018 - Home for adults with autism gets $150,000 donation
A proposed home for adults with autism is $150,000 closer to reality.
- June 24, 2018 - An update on Helena's Equity Fountain Project
I am writing to the community to report on the status and progress of the Equity Fountain Project.
- June 8, 2018 - Losing one of Montana's greatest champions
So great is the loss of Steve Browning to our state and its communities, the flags should be lowered to half-staff and a moment of silence observed across Montana
- June 7, 2018 - Congratulations, Payton!
Payton Dupuis, Polson High School 2018 graduate and CS&KT decendent, received the T. Eugene Young Scholarship from the Montana Community Foundation.
- April 27, 2018 - Guest view: A life changed by the Montana Community Foundation
I was 10 years old when Louise A. Dean died. Ten years old when the woman who would go on to help fund my future passed away.
- March 16, 2018 - Veterinary Foundation sends $25K for Montana tribal relief
The American Veterinary Medical Foundation (AVMF) has provided a $25,000 grant to support Montana reservations in need of hay due to the impact of recent winter storms.
- February 16, 2018 - Sand Coulee Volunteer Fire Department gets grant from Montana Wildfire Relief Fund
The summer of 2017 was one of the worst fire seasons Montana has ever seen.
- February 9, 2018 - You can learn a lot from a two-time loser
This week, the Montana All-Class State Wrestling Championships are being held at the Metra in Billings, and it marks the 50th anniversary of what I consider the most important lesson in my life.
- February 8, 2018 - Montana Community Foundation Distributes $600,000 to Benefit Wildfire Relief Efforts
The Montana Community Foundation (MCF) distributed more than $600,000 in grants to 81 organizations including 64 fire departments across Montana from the Montana Wildfire Relief Fund.
- February 6, 2018 - Libby Volunteer Fire Departments granted $15,000 to purchase new radios
Libby Volunteer Fire Department will soon purchase much-needed new radio equipment thanks to a $15,000 Montana Wildfire Relief Fund grant — the largest individual grant recently issued by the fund, which the Montana Community Foundation and Montana Television Network established in September 2017 following the state’s highly active wildfire season.
- February 5, 2018 - $600K from wildfire relief fund to be divvied up among rural fire departments in Montana
A fundraising campaign sparked by last year’s wildfire season has distributed more than $600,000 primarily to volunteer fire departments in Montana.
- February 2, 2018 - Tri-Lakes Fire receives grant from Montana Wildfire Relief Fund
The latest round of grants from the Montana wildlife relief fund, are making their way to fire departments across Montana.
- February 1, 2018 - $600K from wildfire relief fund to be divvied up among rural fire departments in Montana
Rural volunteer fire departments will be the primary recipients of $600,000 in grant money from the Montana Community Foundation.
- January 31, 2018 - MTN and Montana Community Foundation distribute $600K from Montana Wildfire Relief Fund
The Montana Television Network (MTN) and the Montana Community Foundation (MCF) announce the distribution of more than $600,000 in grants from the Montana Wildfire Relief Fund.
January 20, 2018 - This group is trying to get Billings' kids on the 'right trajectory' early
From battling bedbugs to closing "the 30 million word gap," the agencies and businesses that are part of Best Beginnings Yellowstone County spent an hour Friday celebrating their accomplishments before looking to the future to begin tackling the many remaining challenges that young children and their families face.
- January 12, 2018 - MCF taking applications for scholarships
Montana Community Foundation (MCF) is accepting applications for academic scholarships for the 2018-19 academic year.